NOAH’s mission is to:
- Organize individuals, organizations and neighborhoods trying to improve their quality of life into a supportive and united entity that uses civic engagement to achieve measurable progress.
- Address the structural issues of racial and economic inequality in Northeast Ohio.
- Train individuals and organizations to identify community needs and hold public institutions accountable for meeting those needs.
- Provide technical assistance and support to local organizations for the purpose of increasing membership and identifying systemic issues which hinder development of healthy communities.
- Connect neighborhoods to their broader community and to regional, state and national initiatives for the betterment of Northeast Ohio.
- Galvanize people and neighborhoods plagued by various problems to educate themselves, organize themselves, create campaigns and become an active participant in their own solutions.